Volunteer Opportunities for Teens
Contact Lillian Gunther for more information or to register (845) 359-0136.
High school students are paired with younger students (grades 3-6) to help with homework after school.
Help younger kids with crafts at our regularly scheduled programs. Ages 12 +
Recommend a Good Book:
· Teen Book of the Moment: Write 2 or 3 sentences about a book you liked.
· Create a book jacket for a book you liked.
· Create a poster for an author you like.
· Create a pendant for a fictional high school in a book you read.
· Cut out and create felt board characters for children’s story time.
· Story Time On the Fly: Have a book you would like to read to a young child ready to go. If a child the right age comes into the library, ask him or her if you can read them a story.
· Write a puppet show and create stick puppets based on a fairy tale.
· Research and write a one page biography about a famous person who lived in Palisades.
· Research and write a one page history of an old house or building in Palisades.
· Write a story about something unusual that happened to you in Palisades.
· Interview someone who has lived in Palisades for more than 10 years.
Teen Advisory Board:
· Plan programs for teens such as wii game nights, create crafts, food and nutrition, book discussions.
· Select movies to show.
· Pick books to add to the collection.